Only Madness Knows My Name

A place for inmates to play

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the News section to get the latest info.
Don't be shy! Visit the Introductions section and let us know who you are.
Are you bored? Visit the Forum Games section for some fun.

Share | 

for once you hear the screaming, it never stops...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Madam Tarantula
Rising Opheliac

PostSubject: for once you hear the screaming, it never stops...   Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:54 pm

A grating noise, the sound of metal to wood, pervaded the corridors of the Asylum, a rhythmic clunking paired with the sound of iron teeth grinding.

Left leg, right leg, left leg.

Millicent had ventured from her cell for the very first time since arriving, using her pale fingers to feel the wall and thereby, her way around. She was roaming the corridors for now, accidentally opening cell doors and wandering into places she shouldn't really be by accident.
She shuffled on her twisted leg, dragging the caged one behind her somewhat, with her head bowed so as not to see her face.

Her scalpel was clutched in her white knuckled free hand, encrusted with dry blood. This was probably a good sign, as it meant she hadn't killed anything recently. Claudia perched on her shoulder, wiggling its little mandibles creepily.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lulenic Mistress of Laces
Poison Peddler

PostSubject: Re: for once you hear the screaming, it never stops...   Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:47 am

Lulenic was on her way back from the art room where she had just visited with Willow when she heard a loud grating and clunking noise. Now what could that be? she thought, A new inmate, perhaps? But even if it was, she couldn't begin to imagine how an inmate could be making such a sound...unless they were dragging something. Curiousity may have killed the cat, but that cat died with answers, and Lulenic had to check this out. She walked towards the sound and as she rounded the corner, she spied a girl who appeared to have a leg brace. Unfortunately, the girl's head was down, so Lulenic couldn't see her face. She decided to introduce herself anyway.

~"Pryvet, my name is Lulenic, Mistress of Laces. Who might you be?"

Just then she spotted a tarantula sitting on the girl's shoulder. Lulenic thought it was adorable!

((Welcome! ^^ And I love your inmate idea.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.musiclover0137.deviantart.com
Madam Tarantula
Rising Opheliac

PostSubject: Re: for once you hear the screaming, it never stops...   Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:15 am

( thankyou very much! :) )

The caged leg came to a juddering stop at the sound of anothers voice. Slowly, the girl looked up, exposing her pale face, complete with eyelids riddled with stitches and a dirty surgeons mask. The ends of her Chelsea smile snaked out of the corners of the mask, the badly clamped staples in clear view.

"Millicent... Madam Tarantula," she nearly whispered, jerking her head oddly at the tarantula beside her as way of explaination.
She hesitated for a second, then began to clunk her way down the corridor in the direction of the voice, fingers still clenched around the scalpel.

She had decided that she liked Lulenic's voice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Poison Peddler

PostSubject: Re: for once you hear the screaming, it never stops...   Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:06 pm

Lulenic saw the girl's face when she lifted it and thought it was beautiful! She could see stitches on her eyes and the corners of an extra-wide smile peeking from beneath a dirty surgeon's mask.

~"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you Madame Tarantula. Your pet is absolutely adorable! You are relatively new here, da?"

Lulenic smiled as the girl advanced in her direction, glad to have gained a bit of trust. Just then, she caught sight of the stained scalpel in the girl's hand. She was curious as to it's history.
Back to top Go down
Madam Tarantula
Rising Opheliac

PostSubject: Re: for once you hear the screaming, it never stops...   Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:22 pm

Pausing for a second, Millicent trembled and twitched as Lulenic spoke.

"Claudia is not a pet," she corrected. "She is my eyes. Yes, I am new to... Where am I?"

Of course, with no eyesight to read the entrance plaque and with guards unwilling to tell her, she actually had no idea of her whereabouts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Poison Peddler

PostSubject: Re: for once you hear the screaming, it never stops...   Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:56 pm

Lulenic tried to think of the most gentle way to put it, but decided it would be best to be direct.

~"Well, you are at the Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls, the most morally experimental Asylum in all of England."

She thought about asking the newcomer what brought her here, but it was best not to push a new inmate into saying anything that they weren't ready to discuss. Some of them could be violent, and by the looks of Madame Tarantula's scalpel, she wouldn't hesitate if bothered enough.
Back to top Go down
Madam Tarantula
Rising Opheliac

PostSubject: Re: for once you hear the screaming, it never stops...   Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:21 pm

Madame Tarantula's eyelids twitched at this piece of information.

"I see."

She was almost at Lulenic now. She knew this as Claudia let out an eerie shrieking noise, warning her not to take another step or she may very well impale the voice with her scalpel.

She stopped, then raised a pale, scalpel-free hand and, wordlessly, reached out to touch Lulenics' face. Touch-vision and all that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Poison Peddler

PostSubject: Re: for once you hear the screaming, it never stops...   Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:09 am

Lulenic didn't move as Millicent felt her face; she stood still and let the girl take her time.

~"Don't be alarmed if it feels a bit odd; I have corset ribbon embedded into my skin."
Back to top Go down
Madam Tarantula
Rising Opheliac

PostSubject: Re: for once you hear the screaming, it never stops...   Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:20 am

The girl paused and then lowered her hand.

"Ribbon. Thread," she said, running her fingers over her own disfiguring stitches. "We match."

Claudia twittered testily, evidently growing cold on Millicents exposed shoulder. The girl picked her up and promptly dropped her down the front of her straitjacket.

"How did I come to be here?" she asked curtly, assuming Lulenic to be some kind of authority figure, and not another inmate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Poison Peddler

PostSubject: Re: for once you hear the screaming, it never stops...   Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:16 pm

Lulenic looked puzzled for a moment, but then realized that Madam Tarantula must think that she was a staff member.

~"Oh, well, I'm not entirely sure. You see, I'm an inmate here myself. We could ask a staff member, but I'm not sure if they'd cooporate; they aren't exactly the friendliest people. But I have a few friends on the inside. I can try to find out for you if you want."

She figured a few strings (ha ha, bad joke) could be pulled in her favor; she had a good reputation with a few of the staff members and could easily lift info from them.
Back to top Go down
Madam Tarantula
Rising Opheliac

PostSubject: Re: for once you hear the screaming, it never stops...   Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:07 pm

Pausing, she remained still for a few moments and then replied,

"I assume I'm here for the eyes... or maybe the mouth," she said, running her fingertips over the dirty mask.

"Another inmate," she repeated, her eyelids flickering. "And why are you here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Poison Peddler

PostSubject: Re: for once you hear the screaming, it never stops...   Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:50 am

~"Ah? Well, I have some habits and hobbies that the general public doesn't appreciate; like homocide and bondage. I also attempted suicide once, but many here have. And the laces are a problem too."

She looked down at her hand and felt the silky ribbon sewn there. She wondered why Madam Tarantula had sliced her mouth and stitched her eyes. Lulenic's own body modification was linked to a fascination with corsets and her annoyance at being denied suicide.
Back to top Go down
Madam Tarantula
Rising Opheliac

PostSubject: Re: for once you hear the screaming, it never stops...   Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:01 am

Millicent was being unusually curious today. Of course, she was always the sort to want to know more, but she rarely acted upon it.

"You've killed someone?" she whispered, almost in awe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Poison Peddler

PostSubject: Re: for once you hear the screaming, it never stops...   Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:13 am

~"Da, I have killed a good number of people. First I killed the man who killed my parents, then I killed anyone who crossed me, regardless of where I was. Sometimes I did it without meaning to, but I only use violence when provoked now. I'm much better at controlling myself nowadays."

Lulenic smiled

~"My psycholoist and I actually keep count on how many days I can go without killing someone, and lately I've been doing really well."

She looked down at her laced hands again and remembered all the times she got angry to easily. Her therapy sessions were very helpful, and her psychologist was one of the few kind staff members at this horrid asylum. Luckily he kept secrets well and wouldn't tell the other staff if she slipped up. He didn't appreciate the rough treatment of the inmates, but couldn't do much except be a better person.
Back to top Go down
Madam Tarantula
Rising Opheliac

PostSubject: Re: for once you hear the screaming, it never stops...   Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:18 am

Her eyebrows raised, her lip twitching slightly.

"That's incredible," she nearly whimpered, as if she had never heard something so amazing in her life.

The blood that coated Millicents own scalpel was merely that of small animals, insects and her own.
Claudia began to crawl out of the straitjacket again, tiptoeing down Millicents leg, clicking softly.

"How did you kill them?" she asked eagerly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Poison Peddler

PostSubject: Re: for once you hear the screaming, it never stops...   Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:34 pm

Lulenic liked this curious inmate.

~"Ah, well, most of them I...strangled...with an extra set of corset ribbons. There were a few who I used my knife on, but I prefer the strangulation technique above all. I'm not sure why though..."

All this talk about murder put Lulenic in the mood to hunt down a staff member. Even though she was making progress, she was never going to leave the Asylum, so why not have fun? She put the thought to the back of her head for now, and continued the conversation.

~"I see that you yourself have quite a dangerous weapon on your person. Who's blood is that, if you don't mind my asking?"

Millicent had also put her in a curious mood.
Back to top Go down
Madam Tarantula
Rising Opheliac

PostSubject: Re: for once you hear the screaming, it never stops...   Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:41 pm

Millicent "stared" on in awe, then absent mindedly began to stroke the blade of her scalpel as it was mentioned.

"My dinner, mostly. Rats, birds, cockroaches... And sometimes I get hungry and no food is at hand, so..."

As way of explaination, she lifted up her straitjacket and pulled her trouser leg up simultaniously, showing missing chunks of scooped out flesh dotted around her stomach, down her thigh to her knee. Some of the scars still had slivers of muscle visible beneath the thin layer of healed skin. The majority of the holes were still pink around the edges, but mysteriously, none looked infected.

"They dont mind that I do it... cuts expenses, I assume. Don't have to pay for more dinners... You'll have to try it sometime, it really is the most exquisite meat you ever did taste."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Poison Peddler

PostSubject: Re: for once you hear the screaming, it never stops...   Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:14 am

Lulenic thought for a moment.

~"Well, I have never tried my own flesh. But at another Asylum before I came to this one, they didn't feed us very often; it was basically eat or be eaten. I was only there for a month before they shipped me off for killing too many staff members, but I did partcipate in my fair share of cannibalism there. It was quite delicious, but I do prefer not to eat others unless I have to. Also, my friend Willow is a bt frightened of cannibals and I don't like scaring her too much. I wouldn't want my best friend to be afraid of me, da?"

She smiled as she thought about Willow, but then became serious as she contemplated her fear of cannibals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: for once you hear the screaming, it never stops...   

Back to top Go down

for once you hear the screaming, it never stops...
Page 1 of 1